HHC is seeking a highly motivated individual for the position of Medical Device Integration Analyst. The Medical Device Integration (MDI) analyst is responsible for the operational administration and management of applications, hardware and the configuration of systems that support the automated capture of information from biomedical devices into standard HL7 format that can be integrated with our electronic medical record. This candidate will be part of the team responsible for interface implementation for the new Epic electronic medical record (EMR) being deployed across the corporation.
- Plan and manage development of new hardware and software interfaces by MDI application vendor.
- Understanding of EDI concepts including the basic structure of HL7 and how information is exchanged between systems using the HL7 format.
- Basic understanding of biomedical device types and their common usage
- Knowledge of medical devices integration middleware (iSirona, Capsule, etc)
- Knowledge of Ensemble, Epic Bridges a plus
- Implementation of interface solutions according to the project scope, scalability, portability, and best development practices, given constraints such as limited resources, time deadlines, and technological impediments.
- Consult with project teams to determine interface requirements.
- Analyze and document interface specifications.
- Strong understanding of server operations, network operations, security, Wi-Fi networking and cabling
- Test, deploy, and validate device interfaces to achieve project sign off from internal and external project stakeholders.
- Ensure that QA/QC testing processes for integrating any new devices are successfully completed before new devices are allowed to transfer information to production environment.
- Plan and manage new hardware and software interfaces by MDI application vendor.
- Review proposed new Biomed equipment for conformance to established MDI standards.
- Manage upgrades to MDI software and hardware with vendor.
- Work with Biomed teams to ensure that equipment configuration and setup for transfer of data is documented.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to deal with a number of tasks simultaneously
- Strong attention to detail
Education and Work Qualifications
- Bachelor degree.
- 3-5 years related work experience.
- Healthcare and/or clinical system experience preferred.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to provide consistent, thorough, and detailed analysis and follow through.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills – demonstrating ability to successfully work with internal and external clients at all levels of responsibility.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.